Artist Commissioned!

Home Forums Announcements Artist Commissioned!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Wick 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Wick
    Creator

Chris Bjors has kindly stepped up to help us begin the long and tedious process of filling the world of Athia with some much needed art. You can check out any number of his online presences below:

Chris Bjors – Blogspot
    Chris Bjors – Art Station
    Chris Bjors – Deviant Art

We’ve currently got a few pieces under our belt, with more on the way. With luck we’ll soon find a way to get those images posted here so all of you can see what progress we’re (actually, Chris) is making.

Stay tuned for more!

Wick
    Creator
    Creator

Thought I’d take a second to update the art progress.  Knowing it’s going to take some time to get all the art we want done completed, I’m proud to say we’re through our first 10 commissions.  Aside from the art on the homepage of the website here, the remaining 9 pieces have been for the Enemies section of the book.  Completed include:

• Arcanist
    • Elemental
    • Favored
    • Golem
    • Homunculus
    • Kohra
    • Sick
    • Skelfing
    • Ulda

Chris has been doing an outstanding job, and we’re looking forward to getting this book filled.  We’re shooting for 100+ pieces for the book, so we’re a long way from done.  Ten percent is progress though – so at this rate… maybe in 4 years we’ll have it all?

I hear patience is a virtue.

Wick
    Creator
    Creator

Having never commissioned an artist before, we’re learning as we go as to how to best get the art done.  …like how to make things consistent, what sorts of looks and poses are important, and how to deliver scale for the critters.  I think most of those things we’ve got wrangled now, and we’re having Chris do Families all at once – that way he’s doing all the creatures who have similarities at the same time.

So far it’s been an incredible experience.  Nothing cooler than seeing the ideas in your head come to life on the page.  All we need now is time to get these suckers complete!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.